The 2021 Winter Magical Holiday Countdown Collections will be available for purchase beginning
Tuesday, June 1, at 9 a.m. eastern and will be up through at least June 30th or while supplies last.
Winter is magical. It’s mysterious and moody, full of deep colors and warm comforts. The moon glows and stars twinkle, bringing shadows to life in the silver twilight. What do you see dancing among the flickering embers on the hearth? In the dim light outside of your frosty windows? Close your eyes and open your imagination as we go on a journey together, needles and yarn, fiber and wheel, creating our stories – stitch by stitch, whorl by whorl – through these darkest days of the year.
ALL OF THE DETAILS!
What will the 2021 collections include?
- The yarn or fiber collection of your choice, plus any optional add-on skeins/fiber braids.
- A Winter Magical Gift Bag full of extra surprises!
- A knitting pattern we’ve specially designed to work with the yarn and fiber in these collections.
- As an added bonus this year, your collection purchase signs you up to receive four Winter Magical newsletters that will pop into your inbox intermittently between the time you order and when your collection ships in November! We’ll share inspiration images and stories and seasonal ideas that we hope you will enjoy while you’re waiting for your order. (You’re always welcome to unsubscribe to the newsletters, as they’re totally optional!)
What are my collection choices this year? We are offering more options than ever this year! See “Collection Options” below for the details. To see pricing for individual Collections, please use the drop-down menus above.
What colors can I expect in this year’s collections? This year’s collections will feature a palette of variegated and tonal colorways inspired by the depth of nature in winter with a hint of faerie and forest magic tucked in. Deep and moody, it will have a story to tell you! All colorways are newly created exclusively for these collections. They have been created to work together independent of order.
Can I order more than one Winter Magical Collection? Absolutely! Only one collection can be ordered at a time from this listing, so you will need to place multiple orders for multiple collections. When possible, we will ship all collections together.
Will there be a Day 25 option this year? Yes! This listing includes an add-on feature for choosing an optional Day 25 full skein or braid. It is located just below the drop downs above. The skein will be a Winter Magical collection exclusive self-striping colorway; the braid will be an exclusive variegated colorway. Regardless of which collection you order, you are welcome to add any of the available full skein or fiber braid options to your shipment. There are no additional shipping charges for these add-ons purchased through this listing.
Day 25 skeins are available on: Bounce, Bedazzled, Mountain Tweed BFL, Linnaeus, and Cozy. Day 25 braids are available on Mixed BFL, Mixed BFL/Silk, and Polwarth.
New this year, you are welcome to add on more than one full skein or braid, though this listing limits your add-on to one per yarn/fiber base option. If you would like additional skeins/braids of the same option, please see our 2021 Winter Magical Full Skein/Braid Only listing, where you can purchase additional skeins/braids (note that additional shipping charges will apply to purchases from that listing.)
How will my collection items be packaged? Each day’s mini as well as any optional Day 25 items will be individually wrapped in opaque wrapping so everything will be a surprise! The daily minis will be numbered 1-12 or 1-24 (depending on the collection), but you are welcome to open them in whatever order you’d like! Or all at once! They’re yours…have fun with them!
When will this year’s collections ship? Your collections will ship out to you by Friday, November 5, 2021. US orders will ship via USPS Priority Mail. Canadian and International orders will ship via USPS First Class Mail International.
What are the shipping costs this year? US shipping costs have been built into the base price of this year’s collections. (You will still see the “Free shipping w/ $50 Purchase” message in your cart, which indicates that no additional shipping charges are being added to your purchase.) Canadian and other International Shipping costs have been pro-rated and the balance due ($10 for Canada; $15 for other International) will be added in your cart at check out.
Are there discount and split payment options this year? We have priced this year’s collections as comparably as possible to our past years’ offerings. Due to industry-wide price increases and material shortages that we have experienced in the past year and continue to experience related to the pandemic, we regret that we are unable to offer any further discounts on our collections this year. Regarding a two-payment option, we aren’t able to facilitate that in this listing, but if you are interested in a two-payment option, please email us at email@example.com for details. Note that there will be a $10 fee for split-payment orders.
This year, you can choose between three different Collection configurations:
Twelve 20-gram skeins in the following bases:
- Bounce – fingering, 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon, 80 yards per 20-gram mini
- Mountain Tweed Merino – fingering, 85/15 SW Merino/Donegal Nepp (nylon), 87 yards per 20-gram mini
- Linnaeus – fingering, 70/20/10 SW Merino/Yak/Nylon, 87 yards per 20-gram mini
- Cozy – worsted, 100% SW Merino, 43 yards per 20-gram mini
Twenty-four 10-gram skeins in the following bases:
- Bounce – fingering, 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon, 40 yards per 10-gram mini
- Bedazzled – fingering, 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Silver Stellina, 43 yards per 10-gram mini
- Fingering Weight Combo – this will include a combination of 10-gram minis in Bounce, Bedazzled, Mountain Tweed BFL (85/15 SW BFL/Donegal Nylon Nepp, 43 yards per 10-gram mini), and Linnaeus (70/20/10 SW Merino/Yak/Nylon, 43 yards per 10-gram mini)
Twenty-four 1/3-ounce Fiber mini bumps in the following options:
- Mixed BFL (75% Natural White/25% Natural Black)
- Mixed BFL/Silk (85% Mixed BFL/15% Tussah Silk)
- Polwarth (100% Polwarth)
I have questions! If you have any questions about the 2021 Winter Magical Holiday Countdown Collections, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended care: While all yarns in our Winter Magical collections are superwash wools/wool blends and can be machine washed, we do recommend caring for them by gently hand washing in cool water and then air dry flat. All Winter Magical fibers are NON-SUPERWASH and should only be hand washed cool and air dried flat. These fibers will felt.
All of our yarns and fibers are individually hand-dyed using professional grade acid dyes and are heat set and then rinsed.