Items in this listing will be available to order beginning
Friday, April 1st and will run through May 31st.
This is a PRE-ORDER for our 2022 The Art of Contrast Holiday Countdown Collection items. These items will ship in November. Please do not place orders for other shop items in the same order as these Holiday Collection items, as we will need to invoice you separately for any applicable shipping charges. Thank you!
We’re thrilled to offer PRE-ORDERS for our 2022 Holiday Countdown Collections and Day 25 skeins and braids. The theme for this year’s collections is The Art of Contrast, and we are offering a wide variety of collection options so that you can choose exactly what will fit your making style and budget. Please read all of the details below before making your choices. Have a question about the collections? Feel free to email us as [email protected].
What will the 2022 collections include?
- The yarn or fiber collection of your choice, plus any Day 25 skeins/fiber braids that you choose.
- An accessory knitting pattern that we’ve specially designed to work with the yarn and fiber in these collections.
- A specially curated collection of extra goodies to enjoy as you wish!
What are my collection choices this year? Once again, we are offering a wide variety of options that range in yarn/fiber quantity and price point. See “Collection Options” below for the details. To see pricing for individual Collections, please use the drop-down menus above.
What colors can I expect in this year’s collections? The Art of Contrast Holiday Countdown Collections will be all about, well, contrast! This year’s minis will be vivid tonals (no speckles this year!), each day’s mini playing with the next through vibrant contrasts of color and value (lightness/darkness). See this listing’s gallery photos for a glimpse into the types of colors and contrasts that are inspiring this year’s palette!
Can I order more than one collection? Absolutely!
Will there be a Day 25 option this year? Yes! This listing also includes our Day 25 full skein and braid options. The skein will be an exclusive self-striping colorway; the braid will be an exclusive variegated colorway, both reflecting our The Art of Contrast theme. Regardless of which collection you order, you are welcome to purchase any of the available full skein or fiber braid options. No additional shipping charges will be added to Day 25 items that are ordered along with Collections. Not interested in a full collection and just want a Day 25 braid or skein? No problem! You’re welcome to order those “a la carte.” Regular shipping charges will apply.
How will my collection items be packaged? Each day’s mini as well as any optional Day 25 items will be individually wrapped in opaque wrapping so everything will be a surprise! The daily minis will be numbered 1-12 or 1-24 (depending on the collection), but you are welcome to open them in whatever order you’d like! Or all at once! They’re yours…have fun with them!
When will this year’s collections ship? Your collections will ship out to you by Monday, November 7, 2022. US orders will ship via USPS Priority Mail. Canadian and other International orders will ship via USPS First Class Mail International.
What are the shipping costs this year? US shipping costs have once again been built into the base price of this year’s collections. (You will still see the “Free shipping w/ $50 Purchase” message in your cart, which indicates that no additional shipping charges are being added to your purchase.) Canadian and other International Shipping costs have been pro-rated and the balance due ($15 for Canada; $20 for other International) will be added in your cart at check out. Please note that any customs fees or other country-related charges will be due and payable by the customer at time of delivery as per your country’s policies.
This year, you can choose between SIX different Collection configurations:
Twenty-four 20-gram skeins in the following bases:
- Bounce – fingering, 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon, 80 yards per 20-gram mini
- Bedazzled – fingering, 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Silver Stellina, 87 yards per 20-gram mini
- *New Dream MCN – fingering, 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon, 2-ply high twist, 80 yards per 20-gram mini
- Mountain Tweed Merino – fingering, 85/15 SW Merino/Donegal Nepp (nylon), 87 yards per 20-gram mini
- Fingering Weight Combo – six minis each of Bounce, Bedazzled, Dream MCN, and Mountain Tweed Merino
- Cozy – worsted, 100% SW Merino, 43 yards per 20-gram mini
Twelve 20-gram skeins collections are also available in the same base options as listed for the Twenty-four 20-gram minis above.The Fingering Weight Combo will include three minis of each fingering weight base.
Twenty-four 10-gram skeins in the following bases:
- Bounce – fingering, 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon, 40 yards per 10-gram mini
- Bedazzled – fingering, 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Silver Stellina, 43 yards per 10-gram mini
- Fingering Weight Combo – twelve minis each of Bounce and Bedazzled.
Twelve 10-gram skeins collections are also available in the same base options as listed for the Twenty-four 10-gram minis above.The Fingering Weight Combo will include six minis of each fingering weight base.
Twenty-four 10-gram (1/3 oz) Fiber mini bumps in the following options:
- Blue Faced Leicester
- Polwarth/Silk (85/15 blend)
Twelve 10-gram (1/3 oz) Fiber mini bump collections are also available in the same fiber options as listed for the Twenty-four 10-gram (1/3 oz) Fiber mini bumps above.
Day 25 Full Skein/Braid options:
- Bounce – fingering, 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon,400 yards per 100-gram skein
- Bedazzled – fingering, 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Silver Stellina, 438 yards per 100-gram skein
- *New Dream MCN – fingering, 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon, 2-ply high twist, 400 yards per 100-gram skein
- Mountain Tweed Merino – fingering, 85/15 SW Merino/Donegal Nepp (nylon), 438 yards per 100-gram skein
- Cozy – worsted, 100% SW Merino, 220 yards per 100-gram skein
- Blue Faced Leicester, 4 oz. braid
- Falkland, 4 oz. braid
- Polwarth/Silk (85/15 blend), 4 oz braid
* A note about the new Dream MCN base – this base contains the same fiber composition as our much-loved Heavenly MCN base – 80% SW Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% nylon. The main difference is that it is a 2-ply structure with a higher twist, very much like that found in our Bounce base. Yardage is slightly less than Heavenly, 400 yards per 100-grams rather than 435 yards.