Featuring the warm squish factor of garter stitch, no purling, and no ends to weave in, the Funky Fringed Cowl is the perfect stress-free comfort project! This versatile cowl can be worn either side out with an optional button closure to snug it up around your neck for extra warmth. Conceived of as a way to use up DK-weight scraps, the Funky Fringed Cowl is also great for those special skeins you’ve been wanting to put together.
This pattern includes several customization options:
• Easy customization instructions for sizing the cowl larger or smaller in both circumference and depth.
• Instructions for creating a doubled length cowl.
• Instructions for a “double the fringe, double the fun!” option.
• Instructions for substituting two strands of fingering weight yarn held together instead of DK weight yarn (great for stash busting your sock scraps!)
• Three optional button closure variations.
Note that this listing is for a digital download of the pattern only; no hard copy will be mailed to you.
Approximately 231 yards of DK weight yarn to make the basic cowl, as written. Employing the various customization options described in the pattern may affect yardage needed.
Samples shown were made with a variety of Fibernymph Dye Works DK-weight yarn leftovers.
Would you like a custom-dyed kit to make the Funky Fringed Cowl? We can dye that up for you!
Contact us at [email protected] to ask about yarn options and pricing.
US 6 (4mm), or size needed to get gauge.
17 stitches and 18 garter ridges = 4” (10 cm) in garter stitch, unstretched.
As written: 28.25” (70.5 cm) in circumference (excluding fringe); 6” (15 cm) tall. A variety of size-based customizing options are included.
This pattern was tech edited and test knit.