Welcome to Episode 357! Thanks for watching! Below, you’ll find show notes with embedded time stamps and links to project pages, patterns, and other things I’ve mentioned. I use non-Ravelry links when possible, but any link preceded by an asterisk means that it does go to Ravelry, so be aware of that if Rav is not an accessible place for you. All contact/website/social media info is listed at the end of the show notes!
What I’m wearing: Age of Brass & Steam shawl knit out of Schoeller & Stahl Limbo (discontinued), #2539 Rust/Multi
* Project Page: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/the-age-of-brass-and-steam-kerchief-2
Shawl cuff is from Birdie Parker Designs: https://birdieparker.com/
6:24 – Finished Objects
Marled Scrappy Hats – the last two I made in January. Plain vanilla hat pattern with two fingering weight yarn scraps held double. US 4 and 5 needles.
* Project pages for these hats can be found here: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph
Bill’s Socks – Yarn is West Yorkshire Spinners 4-Ply in the Mallard colorway, with Poppy Seed for heels and toes. US 1 needles. My basic ribbed sock recipe.
* Project page: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/bills-quacky-socks
Winter Sunset Hat – Pattern: is Cloudy with a Chance of Rainbows by Julia Swart/weesheepknits. Yarn: FDW Mountain Tweed BFL in Plain Vanilla; FDW Floof in Wisp; Mill House Designs BFL Tweed mini set in Golden Mulberry; Rowan Kidsilk Haze in 583/Blushes. US 7 & 8 needles.
* Pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cloudy-with-a-chance-of-rainbows-4
* Project page: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/cloudy-with-a-chance-of-rainbows
Sea Star Oceanside Beanie – Pattern by Sea Star Crochet; yarn was a OOAK colorway on FDW Cozy worsted. I hook.
* Project page: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/sea-star-oceanside-beanie
Ball Band Cup Cozies – Pattern by Jennifer Lassonde. Yarn is FDW Cozy in the Here We Go colorway. F hook.
* Pattern – https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ball-band (free!)
* Project page – https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/ball-band
My Lost Words MAL project was a punch needle acorn. Used FDW Ridgetop fingering scraps, and a size 10 fine Oxford punch needle.
26:07 – Works in Progress
Ramona Cardigan – Pattern by Elizabeth Smith. Yarn is Briggs & Little Heritage. US 6.
Pattern page: https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-us/p/ramona-cardigan-knitting-pattern-by-elizabeth-smith
* Project Page – https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/ramona-cardigan
Lazy Susan Mat – Basing this off the Ball Band pattern referenced above. Yarn is Cascade Paradigm Shift, mercerized cotton, in color 4, F hook.
* Project page – https://www.ravelry.com/projects/fibernymph/ball-band-2
(Around here I mentioned that Hipstrings is currently having a moving sale – see their shop here: https://hipstrings.com/ )
37:24 – 2021 Nature Make-Alongs – you can find all of the info about this year’s series of MALs here on the blog: https://www.fibernymphdyeworks.com/blog/events/2021-nature-mal-series/
* or here in the Rav group: https://www.ravelry.com/discuss/fibernymph-dye-works/4106871/1-25
44:25 – Book & Yarn Giveaway! If you would like to be entered to win a copy of Stephanie Lotven’s book and the two skeins of yarn I showed, please leave a comment IN THE EPISODE 358 COMMENTS ON YOUTUBE telling me what project would you like to try to make using self-striping yarn that isn’t socks? I’ll do a random comment picker to choose a winner before the next podcast!
48:32 – The State of the Studio
There will be a very small Valentine’s update on Monday, 2/8, at 5 p.m. eastern. Sorry for the short notice but I just got it together! :} (I forgot to mention that there will be some other odds & ends in the update as well, including some extra skeins from special orders I’ve dyed recently as well as clearance packs of the remaining in-stock Ridgetop yarns from last year.) Everything will be in the shop to preview sometime Monday afternoon before the update goes live.
There will also be a Throwback Thursday this week on Thurs., 2/11, at 5 p.m. eastern. This TBT will feature Cake Pops on a number of bases.
My heavy yarns update is scheduled for Sat., 2/20, at 10 a.m. eastern.
March will bring both a new Pi Day colorway as well as my 10th anniversary offerings!
52:58 – 10%/Favorite things this week…drawing! I’m just having so much fun with it. I realized as I was editing that you really couldn’t make out some of the pages I showed very well. I’ll try to do that better in the future!
FDW Blog: https://www.fibernymphdyeworks.com/blog/
* Rav Group: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/fibernymph-dye-works